One quart of flour
two teaspoonfuls of cream of tartar mixed with the flour
one teaspoonful of soda dissolved in
a teacupful of milk
a teaspoonful of salt;
(do not use shortening of any kind)
1. Roll out the mixture half an inch thick,
2. lay minced chicken, veal, or mutton onto rolled batter.
3. The meat must be seasoned with pepper and always salt and be free from gristle.
4. Roll the crust over and over and put it on a buttered plate and place in a steamer for half an hour.
5. Serve with gravy over each slice.