12 pounds roast
Salt, pepper and flour dredge
4 cups flour
2 cups water
1 tablespoon currant jelly.
1. Wipe meat carefully with wet cloth and cover with a large sheet of buttered paper.
2. Make a thick paste of flour and water, roll our 3/4 inch thick and lay over the fat side of the haunch.
3. Cover with three or four sheets of white paper and tie Securely with cord
4. Put in dripping pan and roast and do not .forget to baste often to prevent paper and string from burning.
5. A twelve pound haunch will take 3 hours to roast.
6. Half an hour before it is done remove from the oven cut strings, take off paste, and paper;
7. Dredge with flour, salt, and pepper
8. return to oven and roast to fine brown color
9. Serve with a brown sauce to which a tbs. currant jelly is added