1. Break salt fish into pieces, cover with cold water and bring slowly to simmering point, but don't boil.
2. Drain, and repeat 2 more times using cold water and bringing to simmering point until fish is tender enough to suit you.
3. Boiled fish is tough so be careful.
4. Place fish on large platter and pour gravy over it.
5. Serve piping hot with hot baked potatoes and buttered or pickled beets
To make rich white sauce —
1. Blend 2 tbs. butter with 2 tbs. flour
2. Add 1 cup sweet milk and cook until thick, stirring all the time
3. Stir in a slightly beaten egg (or boiled sliced eggs) and seasoning to taste..